Friday, December 2, 2011

Growing Up is Hard

So far, I am still liking the way that the story moves for Henry. The experiences that he goes through, like being on the streets, getting some education, and his brother's death really shape who he will become. In part 2 of the novel, he is 14 and is starting to enter the young adult phase. His childhood seems to end when his brother died. At age 14, he has joined an Irish faction that controls the post office i the city. I just find it shocking that this is where he went. All of part 2 from what i have seen do far mainly focuses on Henry's involvement in the Troubles. And it is all one really big chapter, which I don;t really like to much. I would much rather have part 2 broken into multiple chapters with smaller individual stories for each one. I think that it could be better for part 2 instead of the continuous chapter. I feel like it would get monotonous and dull quickly. The pace of the novel is also another thing that I like. It feels like the book is moving quick over the detailed life of Henry.

No comments: